Friday 16 March 2012

Chicken teriyaki

I have taken a bit of a baking break this week - although I would like to say it is to be more healthy but mostly it is a time thing. So here is a recipe for a meal instead of delicious cake.

Fancying Chinese food I decided to make chicken teriyaki, I imagine the recipe I used was not that authentic but it was very nice and quite simple to do. The recipe comes from Lorraine Pascale's Home Cooking Made Easy book.


It is best to get everything prepared before you start cooking. As this recipe serves two get two portions of rice ready to boil and cut up two chicken breasts ready to fry. Also cut up a bunch of spring onions until they are finely sliced, I cut up about five spring onions.

Then to make the sauce. The recipe says to use mirin, which is a rice wine, but I used a vegetable stock instead. Make up about 40 ml of vegetable stock and then add about 30ml of soy sauce and stir in a tablespoon of brown sugar. It tastes too salty then pour in some more water.

Now that everything is prepped start boiling the rice and cooking the chicken. Flavour the chicken with salt and pepper as well as same garlic and ginger. Once the chicken is cooked add the sauce and allow it to cook for another 3-5 minutes. Then add the spring onions and cook for a further minute. At this point you can also add some seasame seeds but I couldn't find any in the supermarket.

Then serve up the rice and the chicken and you are done. I suggest making it, it is fresh, simple and really tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment