Friday 27 January 2012

Chocolate fondant cakes

The book made these cakes look a lot more appetising than I made them. However, it is cake so it was still all good. The recipe came from the Cupcakes and Muffins book

Put 4 tablespoons of butter, 55g of sugar, 1 egg, 85g of self raising flour and 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder in a bowl and mix together until smooth.

Set out all the cupcakes cases into the cupcake tray, the recipe says about 8 but I made 10 with the mixture.

Spoon half the mixture into the cases then put in a square of chocolate into each cupcake case. Then fill the cases with the rest of the cake mixture. Then put in the preheated oven at gas mark five for 20 minutes. 

Although the cakes were a good idea, the fondant chocolate sets in about 10 minutes but it is still nice. My biggest problem was the cake mixture wasn't that nice, too buttery. So my verdict is still out until I make them again but with a better cake mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment