Sunday 29 January 2012

Til the shine comes off

This week I have my house inspection. The only real difference you feel from owning your home to renting your home is when some parental figures comes in to tell you that you need to vacuum and clothes aren't stored on the floor.


Just in case I fail the inspection I have been scrubbing the house from top to bottom, I mean they might stop taking my money as payment if they know that sometimes there are blotches of toothpaste in my sink.

But this comes to a funny point of the human condition is a funny old thing. When we first moved into our house we tidied up after ourselves as we went along, washed the plates on the same day that they were made dirty. About two months later it became less appealing when there was television to be watched and we could walk round the house as long as we made paths through the dirty plates.

But why does this always happen with everything we have?

Its like when you start school again. You have a genuine enthusiasm for your course and shiny new stationary but about two weeks later those feelings have gone. Until you are tested and you have to learn everything you have only been partially paying attention to, but because you care you do it and you do it well.

So even though sometimes I feel like I could do anything, within the law, and no one would care if it was good or bad. So random little tests, like a house inspection, make you want to show off what you can do best. Just sometimes the tests can be more interesting or dramatic than an inspection.

Photo: rudenoon via Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment