Tuesday 31 January 2012

The lack of snow this year has made me tetchy. Last year I had several inches of snow and this year so far all I have seen is a flurry.


Even the news is getting tetchy as it reports that Europe is gripped by the cold. The news is practically begging for a snow drift to come to the UK. Then we can have news about how the country has stopped because of the snow rather than what the banks have done now. But the weather refuses to play along.

Last night the weather predicted for Lincoln to have some snow overnight and then some more in the morning. So we went to sleep in the hope that the next day would be a winter wonderland. Whenever we woke up in the night we hovered by the window to see if it had snowed, saw nothing and then hid our disappointment.

When the morning came there was still nothing apart from a bleak, grey sky. However, on the walk to work there was an attempt at snow mixed with sleet which was enough to keep me happy for the time being.

Although I am not expecting anything on the scale of the snowmageddon from last year's winter but something would be nice especially because it is so cold. I would like something in return for my shivering.

No comments:

Post a Comment