Thursday 23 February 2012

Radiant Rayman

I am about to do something which I have never done before. Write a game review. Now before you get worried that I start calling myself a games journalist it is because I have been crap and not read a book in a few weeks.

Recently I became the proud owner of an Xbox and the best Xbox game I own is Rayman Origins. This is largely due to the fact that it is the only Xbox game I own, but regardless of that it is a pretty damn good game.


The last time I played a Rayman game was on the Megadrive and I was aged approximately 10 years-old. The game has a lot of childhood nostalgia for me and I was worried that a new version of it wouldn't have the same charm. I had no reason to be worried because the game looks beautiful, is silly and creates hours of brilliant fun. It also has save points, which is an added bonus.

So the game is beautiful and a joy to watch but it is also a really good game. It could be written off as a kids game but the challenges are hard. You can soon find that you have spent an hour trying to complete one level to achieve 100%, an enjoyable way to waste time.

The game also rewards you for your hard work. You work hard to get past the increasingly difficult bosses to get an entire level which is just collecting points and bouncing around in fun little world.

In brief it is amazing and I am glad that something from my childhood is still as clever as I remember it.

Photo: Ubisoft

No comments:

Post a Comment